Few things can prepare you for what it will be like when you child is diagnosed with a life-threatening food allergy. Your mind whirls around, wondering how you will ever manage to keep your child safe.
For me the most important thing (besides checking food labels and other related issues) is staying organized. This does a few things for me:
- It helps me know what is coming up and when I need to have food alternatives.
- Exactly what safe foods I have in my pantry and in my deep freeze for those last minute frantic food needs.
- It gives me a feeling of control in a sometimes seemingly uncontrollable situation.
So what do I use for to stay on top of things so that I make sure that I am always prepared and able to keep Tyler safe?
Carolina Pad products! If you have never heard of them, be prepared to fall in love (as much as you can with paper products!).
They have several lines of products like notebooks, planners, binders, post-it notes, and just about everything else you can imagine that all coordinate together. They are feminine (a big deal for me since I live with all men!) and so functional.
Did I mention that I love this company??
In most areas of my life, I am very frugal. I buy most of my clothes second hand. I buy in bulk when possible and buy generics.
But...when it comes to staying organized, I only use this one brand. In fact, for Christmas my husband, who is fully aware of my crazy obsession with this company went on Amazon and bought several of their products in bulk for me. I was doing back flips when I got them and happily showed him how they matched so many of my other products. (And, he lovingly rolled his eyes!).
So, you can imagine my total excitement when the company asked me to share my experiences with their products in exchange for some samples from their new product lines and to give away some products to my readers!!
One lucky reader will receive the following fabulous products (the picture above is what the reader will receive):
- "Ideal Portfolio" (This is what I use to list my weekly goals and other upcoming events)
- 100 sheet notebook (I use this for my day to day "To Do" list)
- 100 sheet composition book
- Daily Notes Desk Calendar (one year's worth of weekly planning sheets)
- Ultra thin calculator (polka dots...my favorite!!)
- Card case (looks like a billfold but holds 24 business cards)
- Stick on Notes and Flags (similar to Post-It's but waaaaay cuter!)
If you would like to win the fabulous package above, just leave a comment. If you wish, tell us what you most challenging part of staying organized as it relates to your child's peanut allergy.
If you like Carolina Products, please join their Facebook group and follow them on Twitter.
Good luck!! The giveaway will end on February 17 at 7 a.m. EST. Please leave your email address in your comment so I know where to contact the winner.